Avast Business Managed Exclusions Guide
This guide is for adding detected false positive file, URL, and script exceptions/exclusions for the Avast Business Antivirus (Pro/Plus) Managed Shields in the Avast Management Consoles.
If you are unsure if the file/URL (website link) is a false positive, please submit the file/URL to VirusTotal© at https://www.virustotal.com/ (please see How VirusTotal© Works for more information). If several other antivirus engines also detect the file/URL as a threat, then Avast properly detected the file/URL. Otherwise, please follow the instructions below.
First, collect information regarding the software program, such as any application executables (EXEs), URLs (website links), and scripts that the software program uses. You may need to visit the manufacturer’s website or contact them directly to obtain this information.
The Avast Management Console will overwrite settings in the local Avast Business Antivirus Managed client, so all settings should be changed in either the Cloud Management (web) Console at https://business.avast.com/ or the Business Management (on-premise) Console and not in the local Avast Business Antivirus Managed client. Also see my Avast Business Managed Recommended Settings knowledge base article. Please allow adequate time for the Avast Management Console to synchronize changed settings with the Avast Business Antivirus Managed clients. To force immediate synchronization, please restart the local client.
For configuring the Avast Firewall component, please see my Avast Business Managed Firewall Guide
Table Of Contents
- Exclusion Examples
- Avast Management Consoles
- Articles And User Manuals
Below are examples for adding file, URL, and script exclusions...
File Exclusion Examples:
- Executables regardless of file path:
- File path example:
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\*
- Exclude a folder and all contents in any location:
Batch Script Files: You may need to also add exceptions/exclusions for command-line files executed within batch script files detected as a threat by Avast.
URL Exclusion Examples:
For example, to add "https://business.avast.com/", please add like this...
Script Exclusion Example:
Avast Management Consoles
- Log into either the Cloud Management (web) Console at https://business.avast.com/ or the Business Management (on-premise) Console
- Click Device Settings in the left panel
- Click on desired template (such as Default)
- Click on the tab for the operating system (Windows, Server, or Mac)
- For most exclusions, click the Antivirus settings tab:
- For file exclusions, click the File paths tab
- For URL exclusions, click the URL addresses tab
- Enter the file/folder path or URL address
- Click the Add button
- After adding desired exclusions, please click the Apply changes button
Please allow adequate time to synchronize with your devices.