Please Note: The steps in this article relate to the AVG AntiVirus or AVG Internet Security products. If the instructions below do not apply to your product, you may be using the newer AVG Internet Security - Unlimited.
If you need to find or copy your AVG license number, proceed as follows:
- Open your AVG program.
- In the top menu, click Support.
- Your license number is displayed on the first tab License and Support.
- If you wish to copy the number, click Copy to clipboard next to the license number.
Note: The displayed number is shortened - the last group of four characters is hidden. This is for security reasons, to prevent an unauthorized person from using your license.
The short license number is sufficient for your authentication when contacting AVG Customer Services. If you need your complete license number for installing AVG, please use our License retrieval form.
Tip: Please be careful to not confuse "2" (two) and "Z" (Zulu). The following characters are interchangeable (both can be used):
- "0" (zero) and "O" (Oscar)
- "1" (one) and "I" (India)
- "5" (five) and "S" (Sierra)
- "8" (eight) and "B" (Bravo)