If you are using an older version of AVG, e.g. AVG 8.5, 9.0, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015, you can easily upgrade to the latest version. You can install the latest version of AVG at no additional cost and your license expiration date will not be affected.
Before upgrading AVG please see the article How to prepare your computer for installing AVG.
Checking your Version of AVG
To upgrade to the latest version of AVG
- Go to www.avg.com/download.
- Click Trial version or Paid version under the name of your product to download the installation file.
- Run the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Your old AVG will be uninstalled automatically, and a restart may be required to finalize the process. After the restart, installation of AVG will continue.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation.
Your computer will now be protected by the latest version of AVG.